Delicious peruvian meal that you can easily make at home.
The perfect way to start your meal is by opening up your palate and appetite with a fresh Chonta Salad (Fresh hearts of palm salad). Made from delicately shredded palm hearts, its flavor is incredibly subtle but undeniably rich. Enjoy this amazing Peruvian recipe
- 4 lb/1.81 g chonta (fresh heart of palm), chilled
- 6 tbsp/89 mL cane vinegar
- 2 tbsp/30 mL freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 culantro leaves
- Optional: avocado and tomatoes sliced
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Gently pull the paper-thin strands from the tender hearts until the whole piece is shredded, and set aside.
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine the vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Allow the culantro leaves to macerate in the liquid for at least 20 minutes.
- Just prior to serving, remove the culantro leaves from the vinaigrette. Toss the hearts of palm with the vinaigrette until it is lightly coated. Take care not to overdress the salad, as the hearts of palm will get soggy. You may not use all of the vinaigrette.
- Season with salt to taste, and serve cold.
Recipe | Chonta Salad
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.