Delicious peruvian dessert that you can make at home.
Arroz con Leche or Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Different variants are used for either desserts or dinners. When used as a dessert, it is commonly combined with a sweetener such as lugar. Every mom and cook has its own recipe for Arroz con Leche in Peru with at least one “secret” ingredient.
- ½ Cup rice
- 3 Cups water
- 2 Cans condensed milk
- 1 Can evaporated milk
- ¼ Cup port wine
- 1 Stick cinnamon
- Powdered cinnamon
- ½ Orange (rind)
- Wash rice.
- Boil in water for 15 minutes, with the orange rind and the stick of cinnamon until well cooked.
- Remove stick of cinnamon and orange rind.
- Add both cans of milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
- Add port wine and cook 3 minutes more. Let rice cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a dessert dish and sprinkle with powdered cinnamon.
Recipe | Arroz con Leche
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.