Delicious peruvian meal that you can easily make at home.
Arroz tapado is a classic Peruvian dish with a fun presentation, Arroz tapado is a great choice for company and kids love to help make it. Use a small bowl for individual servings.
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste or ají panca paste
- 1 Lb ground beef
- ½ Cup carrot, diced
- ⅓ Cup raisins
- ⅓ Cup black olives, sliced
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- White rice, cooked with green peas and corn
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat, and sauté the onion and garlic. When the onion is soft and translucent, add tomato paste or ají panca, stir for a few minutes and add the ground beef. Cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring every now and then.
- If the mixture looks dry, add some water to make it juicy, about ½ cup.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the chopped carrot, and cook for 5 minutes more. When ready, add raisins, black olives, hard-boiled eggs, and parsley. Turn off the heat.
- Have cooked white rice with peas and corn ready and warm. You may add other vegetables if you wish, like green beans, or leave the vegetables out of the recipe.
- In the bottom of an oiled ramekin, make a layer of rice, pressing with a spoon. Over this make a layer of ground beef, and cover with more rice.
- Put a plate over the ramekin and turn up side down. Take out the ramekin and you will have arroz tapado.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and serve with a green salad.
Recipe | Arroz tapado
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.