Delicious peruvian meals that you can easily make at home.
Chicken Cau Cau is a traditional Peruvian dish that is most commonly served along side rice. This recipe is a delicious combination of sautéed onions, boiled potatoes, aji and chicken.
- 1 lb of Chicken breasts that are bones, skinless and diced.
- ¼ Cup of vegetable oil
- 2 Medium sized onions. Prepare by chopping.
- ½ Teaspoon of minced garlic (either fresh or from a jar)
- 2 Fresh yellow aji (chili) (prepare by deseeding and deveining)
- 1 Teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ Cup of chicken broth
- 2 Cups of potato (prepare by peeling and dicing)
- 1 Teaspoon of lime juice
- 1.5 Tablespoon of chopped sweet mint
- Salt and Pepper
- A pinch of ground cumin
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the onions and sauté over a medium heat until the onions are soft and tender.
- Add the garlic, the aji and turmeric and continue to mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Season all the ingredients in the pan with salt, pepper and ground cumin.
- Stir in the chicken broth, diced chicken and diced potatoes.
- Bring the contents of the pan to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender.
- Add the sweet mint, lime juice and more seasoning to taste.
Recipe | Chicken Cau Cau
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.