Delicious peruvian meals that you can easily make at home.
Conchitas a la parmesana or scallops with Parmesan cheese, is a traditional appetizer from Peru. You will find this in almost every peruvian restaurant. Simple and quick, besides having fresh ingredients, the secret is in broiling the right amount of time. In Peru, they serve the scallop with the “coral”, the red part of the meat. The part, most people like to eat is the “scallop” itself. The coral has a bitter taste.
- 6 Scallops in their shells
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Lime
- Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Teaspoons butter
- Peruvian Pisco
- Preheat oven grill to 180°C.
- Place scallops on tray lined with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup), season with salt, pepper, a small splash of lime juice and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce and Peruvian Pisco.
- Top with Parmesan and chunks of butter.
- Grill a few minutes until nicely browned.
Recipe | Conchitas a la parmesana
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.