Delicious peruvian meal that you can easily make at home.
The Jalea de Mariscos (Peruvian seafood dish) is a mixture of assorted deep fried seafoods, chunks of fish accompanied with delicious yuccas, red onion salad in juice lemon and Mayonnaise or tartar sauce. the Jalea de Mariscos is staple on any traditional marine Peruvian menu.
- 10 Ounces fish filets
- 10 Ounces squid cut in rings
- 10 Ounces shrimp, cleaned
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour or rice flour
- 3 Cups vegetable oil, divided
- 2 Green plantains, thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
- ⅓ Cup red or orange bell pepper, cut in thin slices
- 6 Limes, divided
- Ají amarillo sauce
- Cut the fish in 1.5 x 1.5 inch squares. Season fish and seafood with salt and pepper, and dredge in the flour.
- Put in a colander and shake the excess flour.
- Heat 2 cups vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the seafood in batches and cook until golden.
- Transfer to a plate covered with paper towels.
- In another saucepan heat 1 cup vegetable oil until very hot and bubbly, and fry the plantain slices until they turn a lightly golden color.
- In a bowl combine garlic, onion, cilantro, bell pepper, salt, pepper and add the juice of 2 limes.
- Combine seafood with fried plantains in a dish, and serve accompanied with the onion sauce, mayonnaise or ají amarillo sauce, and limes slices.
Recipe | Jalea de Mariscos
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.