Delicious peruvian meal that you can easily make at home.
Enjoy this amazing recipe of octopus in olive sauce. Peru has one of the richest seas in the world. The plenty of plankton is one of the main factors for the wide variety of marine species. This, together with the different customs for each region, give as result one of the best fish/seafood cuisines in the world.
- 3 lb 5 oz (1.5 k) octopus
- 14 black olives, pitted
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 ¾ cup olive oil for mayonnaise preparation
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for decoration
- Place octopus in a pan and cover completely with water. Boil for 30 or 40 minutes until soft. Remove.
- Take dark skin of octopus, with the help of a knife. Refrigerate.
- Blend eggs, salt, lime juice, pepper. While blending start pouring olive oil until a thick a mayonnaise is obtained.
- Divide and remove half or mayonnaise from blender. Set aside.
- Add olives to blender. Blend to form a thick pure. Mix olive mayonnaise with reserved one.
- Cut octopus in slices, place them in a serving dish and cover with olive sauce.
- Garnish with minced parsley and decorate pouring 3 tablespoons olive oil.
Recipe | Octopus in olive sauce
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.