Delicious peruvian meal that you can easily make at home.
The Pepian de Choclo is a traditional Peruvian dish that is most commonly served with white rice and it can be found in nearly every north region of the country. This meal it’s easy and quick to cook.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ Cup chopped onion
- 2 Chopped garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp aji mirasol paste
- 2 Yellow chili pepper, cut in thin stripes or use in paste
- 4 Peruvian kernel corns
- 2 Cups vegetable stock
- ½ Cup cilantro leaves
- 4 Small or 1-2 large zucchini, cut in cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Blend the corn kernels and cilantro leaves with the vegetable stock until creamy.
- In a pan with oil, over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic, and 2 chili peppers, stirring until golden.
- Add the corn and coriander paste, zucchini, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 10-15 minutes, or until it has the consistency you desire.
- Serve with white rice, and a salad, or with a piece of any kind of meat on top.
Recipe | Pepian de Choclo
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.