Delicious peruvian meal that you can easily make at home.
This is the Peruvian version of fried dough (Peruvian Cachangas). This dessert is incredible. Its easy and quick to cook and melts in your mouth. Peruvian Cachangas are basically fried dough. There are many recipes out there for cachangas, they all vary.
- 2 lbs of All purpose flour
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon of yeast
- Olive oil
- Crack open the eggs and separate the egg whites with the yolk. Then beat the egg whites and then add the yolks and beat them both until they are blended well.
- In a bowl mix some salt and sugar in a bowl. Then add the flour that you have and the yeast and mix everything in the bowl. Then add the eggs to the bowl and continue to mix everything together. Keep mixing until dough is formed.
- Put flour on your hands and start dividing the dough you made into small rolls that are the size of an apple.
- Place the rolls that you made on a baking sheet and coat them with oil. Let them sit for two hours.
- After two hours flatten out the rolls with your hands.
- Heat up some oil in a pan and once it is hot proceed to fry both sides of them.
- This dish is commonly served with a side of honey or jelly.
Recipe | Peruvian Cachangas
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.