Delicious peruvian meals that you can easily make at home.
Arroz con pollo (Peruvian Chicken with Rice) is a traditional dish that’s common throughout Spain and Latin America especially in Cuba, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic. Common ingredients for arroz con pollo include rice, vegetables, fresh herbs and chicken.
- 8 Pieces of skinless chicken, about 2 pounds
- 1 Teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 Cup oil
- 1 Red onion, finely diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro, blended in a food processor with a little water
- 1⁄2 Cup lager beer
- 1 Cup of diced carrots
- 1 Cup of choclo (White Corn)
- 2 Bell peppers, sliced for added color (1 red and 1 green or or yellow)
- 3 Cups rice
- 1 Cup mix peas
- 2 1⁄2 Cups chicken stock
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Fry in oil until golden brown and remove from fire. Leave to cool.
- In the same oil, saute the chopped garlic, onion, bell peppers and cilantro. You can also use really red hot firebird peppers if you like it spicy.
- Add the chicken and stir for 2 – 3 minutes. Add beer for about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Add the rice and mixed peas and White corn. Mix well for a couple of minutes. Add chicken stock (salt if needed) and simmer for another 20 minutes or until rice is cooked and slightly burnt at the bottom.
- Serve rice mixture with a piece of chicken and salsa criolla.
Recipe | Peruvian Chicken with Rice
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.