Delicious peruvian meal recipe that you can easily make at home.
Peruvian Fried Rice (Arroz chaufa) is a Peruvian fried rice dish. It is a chifa style dish, a mix of Peruvian and Chinese cuisine. It consists of a mix of fried rice with vegetables, usually including Chinese onions, eggs, and meat, quickly cooked at a high flame, often in a wok with soy sauce and oil. It is highly influenced by Chinese cuisine due to the influx of Chinese immigrants to Peru.
- 2 cups of white rice
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. of chopped garlic
- 1 bundle of Chinese onions
- 1 Chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- salt for seasoning
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Fry the garlic with a little oil in a saucepan or Wok.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of hot water and wait until that is boiling. Add the rice.
- Once the water has returned to a boil again turn the stove to a low heat and cover until cooked.
- Beat the eggs. Fry them one by one in a small pan or three together in a large pan or Wok. Take the eggs out and cut them into very small squares.
- Chop the Chinese onions finely.
- Pour a little oil in a hot pan or Wok, fry Chinese onions and ginger, do not over fry, they must stay tender.
- Pour in soybean sauce. Add the chicken diced (cooked). Add all the other ingredients and let it cook for five minutes over low heat.
Recipe | Peruvian Fried Rice
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.