Delicious peruvian side dish recipe that you can make at home.
Peruvian Salsa Criolla is the perfect accompaniment to many dishes. The lime juice is what makes this onion salsa/relish special. It adds a bright flavor that sweetens the onions and livens up everything else on the plata. It is typically served with toast, seafood, meat or rice.
- 2 Red onions, sliced in very thin half moons
- 1-2 Ají Amarillo (or jalapeño peppers) sliced into very thin matchsticks
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley, or both
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the onions in salt water for 10 minutes. Drain and let dry.
- Mix onion with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Recipe | Peruvian Salsa Criolla
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.