Delicious peruvian meals that you can make at home.
Peruvian stuffed avocado shrimp recipe, is a seafood dish popular in the coastal regions of Latin America. The dish is typically made from fresh avocados, shrimp, lemon or lime and spiced with ají or chili peppers. Additional seasonings, such as chopped onions, salt, and cilantro (coriander).
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 12 Cooked prawns
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 Red pepper, diced
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons aji amarillo paste
- 1 Lime
- 3 Tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and aji amarillo paste. Stir well until combined.
- Add the spring onion, pepper, and two tablespoons of coriander. Half the lime, set half to one side, and squeeze the juice of the other half into the bowl. Stir well. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the prawns to the bowl and stir carefully to coat them in the mixture.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthways, and remove the stone. Put half an avocado on a small plate, and pile high with half the prawn filling.
- Spinkle with the remaining chopped coriander and serve with the left over lime, for squeezing to taste.
Recipe | Peruvian stuffed avocado shrimp recipe
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.