Delicious peruvian meal that you can easily make at home.
The Quinoa is a nutty grain that thrives in the high altitude of the Andes mountains. People have cultivated quinoa for thousands of years for its high protein content and other nutritious properties. Enjoy this amazing Quinoa burger recipe.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 carrot sticks
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- 2 cup of mix of lettuces
- Lime juice from one lime
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa at medium heat with three cup of water. When it boils, put it in low heat and cook it for 40 minutes.
- Strain the quinoa and leave to cool in the strainer.
- Mix the carrot with a tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake it at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan over medium heat with a ¼ of tablespoon of oil, cook the white side of the green onion and garlic for 6 minutes. Retire from the fire and mix with the quinoa.
- Add the green part of the green onion, cheese, flour and the egg. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mold four hamburgers and fry them at medium heat with the rest of the oil for 4 minutes per side. Season the lettuce with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve the hamburgers with the salad of lettuce and carrots.
Recipe | Quinoa burger
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.