Delicious peruvian meal that you can make at home.
Sopa Criolla Recipe or Sopa a la Minuta. This is a classic Peruvian soup that is incredibly easy to make and is a meal in itself. This is a great meal for cold nights for winter.
- 1 lb 4 oz (500 g) beef, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 1 ½ Medium size onions, finely chopped or shredded
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 Tomatoes, peeled and seeded, shredded
- 1 ½ Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Whole sundried yellow ají ,roasted
- 8 Cups beef stock
- 3 oz (80 g) Angel hair pasta
- ½ Cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 4 or 6 Eggs (1 egg for each serving)
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Dry oregano
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet until hot.
- Add meat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in onion and garlic and cook until tender and slightly golden.
- Add tomatoes and whole sundried yellow aji. Continue cooking until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in tomato paste. Add beef stock and bring to a boil. Add angel hair pasta and continue boiling until pasta is cooked. Stir in milk.
- Heat before serving.
- Before serving poach eggs in simmering water with salt and vinegar.
- Serve soup in a soup bowl or plate and place 1 poached egg per serving.
- Sprinkle over with dry oregano.
Recipe | Sopa a la Minuta
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.