Delicious peruvian meal that you can easily make at home.
The Trigo Atamalado is a traditional Peruvian dish that is most commonly served along side rice. This recipe is a delicious combination of fresh cheese, scallions and wheat. Enjoy this amazing Trigo Atamalado recipe.
- 1 lb Wheat
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Hot yellow peppers , paste
- Salt and Pepper
- Water or stock
- 1/2 Cup fresh cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 Scallions, finely chopped
- Soak wheat in water for approximately 3 hours.
- Aside, heat oil in a pan, sautee onion, garlic, hot yellow pepper paste, stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Add wheat. Pour enough water or stock to cover wheat. Cook in low heat until done. Add more water or stock as needed while cooking.
- Add cheese, scallions stir well. Check and rectify seasoning if needed.
Recipe | Trigo Atamalado
The difficulty level of a recipe is shown by the rating graphics on the recipe summary box on each recibe. Don’t be alarmed about the potential difficulty level of a given recipe. With good planning almost everything is possible.